WSX-25 Sidemount Harness
Brand new from Apeks comes the WSX-25 sidemount harness, a feature-rich sidemount harness system which comes complete with the bladder, harness with crotch strap, D-rings, bungee and accessory butt pack.
The bladder is constructed from Armoguard, a super-tough material normally found in public safety diving and military products. This smooth material is ten times more abrasion resistant than standard Cordura (the material used on many other sidemount harness bladders), making this a wing designed with serious sidemount diving in mind.
The Apeks “SlideLock” sliding D-ring is brand new and unique to Apeks. It allows the diver to easily change the position of the cylinders as their buoyancy changes during the dive. No need to clip your cylinder on and off, simply adjust the position of the D-ring during your dive.
The two-piece plate system is adjustable to nearly any torso length, making this a one size fits all system. The system also has individual webbing sections rather than one long piece running through the harness, which means the complete system can be quickly and easily adjusted.
- 27lbs lift
- Armoguard exterior
- Additional protective layer of Armoguard protects the bladder against abrasions in confined spaces
- Reversible inflator can be mounted on left or right side
- Grommets at lower corners allow for mounting bungee to keep the bladder streamlined to your body
- Solid 2” (5cm) webbing comes pre-assembled
- Removable crotch strap made of 2” (5cm) soft webbing
- 4x two inch stainless steel D-rings (2 angled on shoulders, 1 angled and 1 flat on the crotch strap)
- 2x “SlideLock” sliding stainless steel D-rings on waist strap allow for easy adjustment of cylinders throughout the dive
- 2x stainless steel drop D-rings along the lower back are for connection to the the included butt pack, or for marker buoys, reels or other accessories
- Heavy-duty waist buckle made of stainless steel
- Two-piece stainless steel plate allows the torso length to be adjusted to fit any diver
- Zippered Butt Pack with stainless steel snap hooks included
- Weight pouches are mounted on the spine strap and hold over 18lbs (9kgs) of weight
- Comes complete with two sizes of bungee and five stainless steel bolt snaps
- Two grommet strips allow the diver to adjust the weight pouch and bladder based on their specific requirements
The WTX and WTX-D Series is a selection of harnesses, buoyancy cells and accessories which offer unparalleled versatility due to the modular nature of the whole system. Each component can be configured into a highly technical rig for those trained to push the limits, or scaled down to make a travel friendly set up suitable for any diver.
Single cylinder wings, often referred to as donuts, are oval shaped air cells or bladders that are not permanently attached to a harness. While single cylinder wings have their origins in the realm of technical diving, they are becoming very popular in the recreational community. Not only are these single cylinder wings streamlined, but due to their shape being a continuous loop, they are very stable underwater. There is no dramatic shift of air from left to right.
Apeks single cylinder wings are a smart design that allows a cylinder to nest deep inside them. These wings mate up nicely to the rest of the Apeks WTX collection of high quality harnesses, plates and accessories. They can be configured in multiple ways to match the type of diving that you do. As with the rest of the WTX collection, these single cylinder wings are built from the finest quality materials. They are designed by Apeks and built in our own factory.
(WTX single tank adapter is not required)