Advanced Open Water Diver
SDI ADVANCED SCUBA DIVER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
The Advanced Diver SDI program was created to make true advanced divers. During the course your instructor will take you through four complete SDI, TDI, or ERDI specialty courses (eg deep, navigation, photography, video, intro to tech, tender, etc) covering the topics and skills, so that in the end they feel comfortable to carry out dives of this nature. Once you have logged 25 dives (this can include any and all training dives), visit your local SDI dive center with your log and verification of completion of four SDI, TDI and ERDI specialties and you will be awarded the Advanced Scuba Diver SDI certification.
By earning the Advanced Scuba Diver SDI certification you will have an increase in your abilities and comfort in the water and will be ready for the next step, Rescue Diver SDI.
Who is this course for:
- Any certified open water scuba diver who wants to expand their knowledge and skills in diving
- Any certified open water scuba diver who wishes to further their scuba training
- Any Advanced Adventure SDI diver or equivalent who wishes to receive more experience in the specialties that participated during their Advanced Adventure SDI diver program
- Open Water Scuba Diver SDI, Junior Open Water Scuba Diver SDI, or equivalent
- Minimum age: 18 years old (10 years old with parental consent)
*Note: Junior divers (10-15) can only take specialties approved for their age
What you can expect to learn:
- Detailed information on four SDI, TDI or ERDI specialties of your choice
What do you gain from this?
- The opportunity to experience various SDI, TDI or ERDI specialties at a sports level
- Continuing diving education, skills and knowledge
- The ability to enroll in selected full majors
- Upon successful completion, the ability to enroll in the SDI Recue Diver course
Advanced Diver SDI Minimum Requirements:
- Complete 4 (four) SDI, TDI or ERDI specialty courses or equivalent; only 1 (one) course with no required dives can be credited towards the Advanced Diver SDI development program, with the exception of Computer Nitrox SDI
- Proof of 25 (twenty-five) logged dives
- After meeting the requirements and verifying them by an Instructor, the instructor must issue the SDI Advanced Diver certification card by submitting the SDI Diver Registration Form to the SDI HeadQuarters or Regional Office (RO) or the On-Line student registration in the Members area of the SDI website
- The requirements for Junior Advanced SDI include the above requirements, as long as the 4 (four) specialty courses they have taken are allowed for their age
- Personal PADI Adventure Diver manual and dive planning slate.
- This course consists of five dives of which two are compulsory. These are Deep and Navigation. The remaining three dives can be chosen from the following list :
- Digital Underwater Photography
- Peak Performance Buoyancy (Highly Recommended)
- Scuba equipment
- 6 Dives
- Transport shop-port-shop
- Boat fees
- Note: Bring extra cash. towel and hat.
Price: $390 US p/p